We are building an experiment to trap charged molecules for many seconds to study fundamental physics and develop quantum technology
Trapped molecules will help tackle these topics:
- Measuring parity violation in chiral molecules
- Are chiral molecules in quantum eigenstates? \(|L\rangle, |R\rangle\). Or are the true eigenstates superpositions of \(|L\rangle+|R\rangle\). Can we see tunneling between the left and right hands for long-lived chiral molecules? Can we transform left to right by quantum interference?
- Why are amino acids in biological organisms left-handed? In an alternate world, could all DNA molecules have evolved with mirror image symmetry?
- We are developing quantum tools for detection of molecular chirality.
- Cold quantum ion-neutral chemistry
- Are inelastic processes dominated by tunneling resonances at low temperatures?
- Unraveling the quantum nature of chemistry near absolute zero!
Read our proposal for Parity Violation measurement by three-wave mixing: arXiv:2206.03699
Our first experimental setup is starting to take shape
Precision MeasurementQuantum ChemistryChiralityParity ViolationResonance ScatteringQuantum SensingStandard Model TestsNew Physics SearchesDark Matter
If you are curious about what we do, don’t hesitate to contact Yuval!
Help us design and build our lab to solve these mysteries.
We are hiring Msc/PhD students and Postdocs!